Beach escape.

Tuesday, June 3


Sometimes I feel like I am completely disconnected to the rest of the world. Each morning I turn on the news and they're announcing some horrible event happening in another country, or warning us about babies being born fatter or some man glueing birds to the insides of his pants and I wonder if these things are actually happening to another world*.

I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I live in my own world, I surround myself with good people, good vibes and I look after myself and my family. I really don't understand this world we live in anymore, so I tend to go with my own flow. So the other morning, the sun was shining, so I packed up the car and took Grizzle for a morning at the beach. 

We listened to local radio stations and sung along to 80's tunes while we cruised through the countryside to this little shelter of a beach, a long way away from the crowds of tourists you see on most. 

Grizzle ran, skipped, jumped and barked for half an hour of excitement, along the shore line. Playing in the water and willing other dogs to play as we walked along. The wind was cool as I sat down for a read between the dunes. I find nothing calmer than the sounds of the sea, the hours quickly passed by us and our stomachs were starting to rumble, so we set off in search of fish and chips to eat back in the garden. 

I much prefer living in my own little world, away from all the hate, useless drama and horrors of human kind that we see more of each day. It's much calmer here, and focusing on better things makes me happy. 

*All genuine stories taken from newspapers this morning. And people wonder why I ignore the world most the time.

14 note(s)..:

  1. That sounds like a perfect morning :) our rottie's never been to the sea so that's going to be interesting...

    Laura
    Memichaelandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should certainly be a funny experience to watch!

      Delete
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with living in your own world - I think I am also guilty as charged! Lovely photos - it sounds like a wonderful morning.

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a bloody marvellous way to spend a morning (from a fellow pooch owning, seaside dweller of course!)
    I couldn't agree more with you about the outside world though, every which way we turn there is something hideous happening - we've completely stopped listening to the news now unless absolutely necessary. We much prefer hanging out in our little bubble watching fun stuff and chatting and just being.

    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's precisely it! I just ignore the news and the outside world most the time now. It seems the media always wants us to be worrying about something, or improving ourself this or that way, or moaning about something or other. It's all just a bit pessimistic for me i'm afraid.

      Beach dogs walks and a life in the fields are were it's at! :) x

      Delete
  4. I'm totally the same. It's not that I'm not interested in what's outside of my life but the news skews your view of the world, focusing almost entirely on the negative. It can really bring you down rather than encourage connection and a desire to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does just that with me! Everyone seems to be looking for a way to help themselves at the expense of everyone else. That's pretty much every news story summed up, right there. Not for me thank you. If that's what our world is coming too, i'll stay in my own please.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had the most perfect morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so perfect. I love living in my own little world too- I spend a lot of time reading the news, but I absolutely love the time when I spend days on end away from the internet, radio, and TV and can just completely forget about everything else that's going on. Blissful.

    Alice xx | The Cup and Saucer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful not concerning yourself with everyone else's problems and just concentrating on ourselves :)xx

      Delete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger