Weekend Scenes

Wednesday, April 2



 The weather was beautiful this weekend. I woke up Saturday morning with an extra bounce in my step, i was going to ride my ginger boy for the second time since my fall and i was feeling good about it. I watched one of the guys from the yard take him for splash on the cross country, he paddled in the water jumps and jumped the steps like a pro. His rider is only 15 and did really well considering he was clearly nervous, however he wasn't very keen on Morris, saying he was too fast and messed around. I guess I'm just used to horses who mess around? I was only able to do some gentle flat work but i'm confident i'll be back to galloping and jumping in no time. 

Early Sunday morning i wandered out into the back field to pick daffodils for mothers day, followed by my two troops, who just had to see what was going on! Then we all went for a slap up meal in the pub and ate until we couldn't walk. 

Some things i realised this weekend: Morris sweetly behaves when he's knows i'm not well. Grizzle likes to sit in grass cuttings and be wheeled around in the wheelbarrow. My concentration face is hilarious, i look like i'm giving someone evils. My new jodhpurs make my back side look unintentionally sexual. Some people don't have fields to pick wild flowers from and i don't want to live in that world. There is a Cath Kidson shop in my town, which saved my last minute mothers day panic!

10 note(s)..:

  1. I love your countryside photos! Makes me miss home a lot, especially my borders too. And totally agree Cath Kidston is amazing for mothers day, you literally cannot go wrong with something from there. xx

    www.liquoricepearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know we had a Cath Kidson, which kind of shows my feelings towards shopping haha!

      Delete
  2. I agree with the above, your countryside photos are always so wonderful and capture the moment accurately. I am glad you are out doing some light riding and hope that your back is much better! Grizzle is such a cutie pie, he makes me giggle as I can imagine him being a sweet little rascal.

    I would love to photograph you and your horses. They are so beautiful as are you. Your hair is lovely and you're so pretty! A big bunch of loveliness in one photo.

    Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've hit the nail on the head with Grizzle there! He certainly is a sweet little rascal! :) Aww thank you babe, that's really lovely of you to say. If you're ever in the area then you are more than welcome to bring yourself and your camera round! I'm sure you would capture some wonderful photographs!

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that youre back in the saddle again! Looked like the perfect day and I can't wait til I can ride in a t-shirt again.
    Look forward to seeing more photos of you riding! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better riding in a light t-shirt rather than bundled in layers - just another thing I love about summer time! I love to be able to feature photos of me riding, unfortunately i don't always have anyone to take them. Luckily i had a friend with me and the day turned out more than perfect for it! x

      Delete
  4. What gorgeous weather, your photos are just stunning :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, The weather was glorious :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. I love love love that last pic of you - so calm and peaceful and you're stunning :)
    Also, you're sounding much more upbeat and positive sweet, I'm happy for you
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely! That's so sweet of you. :) I'm getting back to my positive self and just enjoying the moment :)
      xxx

      Delete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger