Weekend Scenes

Wednesday, March 19


I'm back at home, recovering. The bruising on my ribs has gone down, i can walk like a human being again and my back is starting to go hours without hurting me. My body is healing itself, but for now i'm home, recovering. My soul feels happy to be home, i feel like i am in the right place for now and sometimes you have to listen to your soul more than anything else, this is one of those times. 

My family welcomed me home with open arms and we spent the weekend outside under the sun. We began planting more flowers and crops in the beds, we pulled furniture outside and my grandfather and i sanded down the swing chair for the summer. Meaning i slowly hobbled behind people with a camera and added my two cents as to wear to plant cabbages. My sweet little Grizzle hasn't left my side all week and according to mum, slept through the night for the first time since i had left. 

I made the most of the rare sunshine and took Grizzle for slow walks around the paddocks and fields by my house, happily snapping away on my camera and letting my mind wander to thoughts of summer when it will hopefully be this sunny all the time. I've always felt better when i'm outdoors, it doesn't have to be sunny and warm, but it helps. I just feel content when i can feel the air on my skin and the wind in my hair, the sun freckles my face and my heart is filled with joy. I can never understand how people get so excited for winter because to me it just summons long months of extra layers and biting chills, rain keeping us all housebound for longer than those cosy day photos would lead us to believe are still something fun. The spring is where life begins again. Sometimes i think i must have been a flower in a past life. 

6 note(s)..:

  1. I very much hope you continue to recover well, Emma. Sending you lots of love xxxxx gorgeous photos as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beeta. I'm slowly but surely recovering from it all.

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are so beautiful Ema! I hope you're on the mend now, poor thing! I love the idea of being a flower in a past life too- wouldn't that be lovely!?

    Alice xx | The Cup and Saucer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, i'm glad you like them! I'm getting there, hopefully going to try light flat work with Morris this weekend so we will see how we go. I think i would quite have enjoyed being a flower in a past life, but one that came back every spring and hibernated in winter time.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Glad your feeling better :) and that little Grizzle and the family are looking after you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. They are being very loving :) xx

      Delete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger