Sunday Frustration

Tuesday, January 28









Lately I’ve found myself incredibly frustrated. I can feel it in my bones, so badly that I start to shake and feel like there is no way to release the tension. I felt it most this past Sunday. There isn’t any particular reasoning for this, only that I have so many things I want to get done but find myself with no time, no patience or no motivation to do so.

I awoke Sunday morning hoping to be blinking in the winter sunshine. I would make a cup of tea and retreat back to bed for an hour to read, bathed in the morning light. I would make pancakes for breakfast before bundling up to take Grizzle for a walk in the woods. On the way back I would stop at the pub and enjoy some late afternoon lunch before returning home in the dark and snuggling up in front of the candles for the evening. That was what I wanted to do.

Instead, when I awoke far too early for a Sunday, the skies where pitch black and the rain was just starting to pour. I was instantly hit with so much frustration that It made me stop and ask myself why I was feeling this way. Usually the rain wouldn’t have stopped my plans, it would have made my day a little different yes, but I would have taken it in my stride. I’ve been asking myself that same question for a few days now, and although I don’t know the answer, I do not that I’m not going to let myself feel that way again.

Instead I spent my Sunday cleaning my riding boots and chaps, playing with Grizzle inside and watching Harry Potter, before being taken out for an evening meal and a glass of wine. By the time I had crawled back into bed that evening I felt content again.


‘She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails – Elizabeth Edwards’

2 note(s)..:


  1. Sounds like you had a very busy Sunday - I just love it when kitties sleep with their paw over their eyes, it's always funny when ours do it, like they think we can't see them any more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger