Taking Stock

Friday, September 27



The other Sunday morning i woke at 6am. I lay in bed looking through my window at the sun just trying to get up. I was wide awake. After a while i pulled myself out of bed, wrapped up in my warmest, laziest, Sunday clothes and woke up the pup. He was a little blurry eyed and confused as to why we were walking so early, but there was something in the air telling me to walk outside into the fields before the world had woken up. Everything was calm, quiet and oh so peaceful. For the first time that week my mind was empty, my head felt as soft as a cloud and i could truly begin to take stock on everything. 

Making : plans for a weekend away of calm and serenity. I feel i need this the most right now.
Cooking : breakfast food most days. I find pancakes eaten on the decking soothe my soul.
Drinking : as many cups of tea as the kettle will allow. 
Reading: The Runaway by 
Martina Cole. I'm really enjoying it actually. There seems to be something so beautiful about their tragic lives. 
Wanting: to know what direction to take next. 
Looking: at everything and everyone in a new light. Some people don't show there darkness until you need there light. 
Playing: my ipod on shuffle. It has a way of knowing what i need to hear. 
Wasting: hours daydreaming. 

Wishing: for better days ahead on every feather and eyelash i find.
Enjoying: finding a new sense of myself.
Waiting: ...always, waiting. 
Liking: the fall weather, creeping in so subtly i hardly noticed it. 
Wondering: what is in store for me just around the corner? 
Loving: realising who and what you really need in your life. 
Hoping: the sun keeps shining even when the temperature drops to nothing. 
Marveling: at every sunrise and sunset i can find. I seem to be waking with the sun each morning and i love it. 
Needing: some space and time. 
Smelling: the fresh flowers in my room that managed to fill all four vases from one bunch. 
Wearing: knitted jumpers and fluffy socks. 
Following: the country lanes to wherever they want to take me. 
Noticing: the important things a little more. 
Knowing: what i want from life. 
Thinking: too much. 
Feeling: confused, dazed, chilly and frustrated. 
Bookmarking: adventures. 
Opening: a bottle of wine after a long week at work. 
Giggling: rarely but at things that are really funny. 
Feeling: a million feelings all at once.



 As inspired by this.

6 note(s)..:

  1. this is such a lovely post :) i always enjoy reading your blog!

    partyatgatsbys.me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They seem to be the best thing to look forward to in the mornings.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post :) Keep finding pleasure in the little things
    x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post, pancakes make everything better xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger