Monday Musings: A week in the saddle

Monday, August 19


 • This week i am a bubble of excitement and nerves. This is the final week i have to train before my cross country event on bank holiday and although i'm so looking forward to it, i'm also completely nervous. With my news of my boy being retired early for his own good it meant i am now competing on a horse i have only ridden for about three weeks. He's a good boy though and i seem to be getting on well with him. 
 • The other reason i'm nervous is because this will be my first event since my accident two years ago. I'm incredibly competitive and usually compete to win but right now i'm just hoping for a safe round this time to get me back in the swing of things. If you could all keep your fingers crossed for me that would be great. 
 • The boy is finally back from Canada. We had a (mostly) lazy weekend so he could catch up on sleep and we could just laze around and fill each other in on whats been happening. Sunday we watched Liam Neeson's film - The Grey. It was total rubbish. That is all. 
• I'm going to be spending my week getting tack ready, getting brushes cleaned, getting show outfits washed and training as much as i can. Thursday will be the first time i take this horse round the track i will be competing on so i'm praying the weather acts in my favour. It's all systems go over here! 

5 note(s)..:

  1. I also hated The Grey, what a ridiculous, terrible film!
    Good luck with your event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed because i love his other films! I made up my own ending that he walked away from the panther thing with it's fur around or something. Much better than how it ended! x

      Delete
  2. Good luck lovely! Just remember to enjoy it and try not to stress too much :) I know that is much easier said than done, but this is the advice I always get told. That and to breathe as I seem to forget to do that during the event! I'm sure you'll be fine though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Yeah i'm with you on the breathing thing, you don't realise you're holding your breath until you stop ha! x

      Delete
  3. Oooh I'm going to keep everything crossed for you that it all goes smoothly. Sending you lots of love & positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger