Bank Holiday in the countryside

Wednesday, August 28

























I spend most of my days feeling like i have to many responsibilities and too little time to do them in, so despite the nerves that were nestled in the back of my mind for the event Monday, I've been taking the time to enjoy the now moments in my life more. Less planning, just being. 

It's easy to forget what's really important in life. Not the unanswered emails, the looming deadlines or the appointments you have to keep - but the family and friends we have. The boy and I spent the weekend with the people we care about, and it's the best feeling in the world. The sun shone down on us as we played games of tennis and watched the horses come and stare. The dogs snoozed in the fading light as we giggled over stories of recent adventures, made memories, inside jokes and laughed until our bellies hurt. We pulled out old suitcases and dressed in the items lost since the 80's. The chickens quietly searched the ground for grain as the sun started to set and the temperature dropped. 

After a weekend like this i feel like my soul has recovered, my spark no longer being weighted down and dulled by the many worries in my mind and i can work better on those little tasks that need to be done on my return to work. Everyday should be lived like this. 

5 note(s)..:

  1. stunning photos! beautiful places, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right!! Unanswered emails, undone blog posts, appointments, bills...it can all wait. Weekends like these are like battery chargers for your soul, and they're so important. It looks like my idea of heaven and I can't drink in enough of your countryside-ness. I love it and I'm jealous of your amazing weekend!
    I hope the rest of your week is good and not too much of a contrast to your weekend. I can't wait for the day I can move to the countryside and wake up without a schedule or a plan.

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're completely right. I try and keep my weekends just for me, i'm never going to think one day 'Oh i should have done more work' I'll only think i should have done more for me :) Your comments are always so lovely Flora! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully put :)
    All too often we let ourselves get totally bogged down by the unimportant things in life and forget about what truly matters
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger