Ask me about my figure?

Wednesday, August 14



Ever since i posted photo's from my beach trips I've had people comment on my weight and figure. Luckily in the blogging world all i have come across is positive comments, but sadly in the real world that wasn't always the case. 

I was called anorexic, too skinny, lanky and a number of horrible things for most of my teenage years. Like most i hadn't grown into my body yet and i did look too skinny. I didn't care, i just concentrated on winning people with my personality rather than my looks, but at times it ate into me. Naturally i'm a slim girl, but my desire to gain weight when i was young meant i would only eat things that were bad for me. I was fussy with food and thought if i ate fatty foods i would get fatter..i didn't. The reason being, you're body doesn't get what it needs to grow and be healthy. Years later i realised this, opened myself up to new foods, proper foods and i gained weight. I still eat junk food whenever i get the feeling but mostly i eat a lot of vegetables and leafy foods. I gained 2 stone from leaving school to now and i couldn't be happier. I don't care about my weight as long as i'm healthy. 

As far as exercising, i have to say i do it because i like doing it. For years i was sporty, loved riding, sports days etc, but i was conscious about doing too much incase my weight dropped, again now that i eat properly and not just crappy foods i can exercise without that worry. I spend two hours in the gym once a week. I do a boxing class and a weight lifting and toning class. The boxing keeps my heart healthy with cardio and movement and the other tones everything up nicely. When i'm having a good week, read - can be bothered & have time,  i will do squats and other toning exercises at home a few nights for about half an hour. These mainly focus on my bum and upper legs. 

Everyone carries their weight differently, I carry mine mainly in my bum and boobs, i never really add inches to my waist, so i have to work harder on those areas to keep them toned up. The other reason i look slimmer is because i'm actually 5 foot 9. I'm in no way a small girl so i will automatically look different to someone my build who is 5 foot. 

Other than that i ride whenever i get time which on it's own does your body the world of good. It helps posture, balance, co-ordination as well as working the pelvis, legs, arms and bum. There's no better workout than holding a 1000 lbs stallion together while it's trying to run away with you! 

So that's about it. Nothing drastic, just eat good food, whether it be good for the soul or good for your body, and move yourself. That's the best advice i can give anyone. I'm still probably classed as underweight or only just in the correct bmi for my height but then i don't really follow all that stuff anyway and if i'm healthy to me does anyone care about numbers?

8 note(s)..:

  1. Bravo! You look lovely! When I was in school I was super skinny and lanky, and ate whatever but never gained weight. I now have and feel much better about it. Like you've I carry it in the same places - I like to call it bootylicious instead.

    This is a great, strong post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. Haha, i like the sound of that bootylicious! :)

      Delete
  2. This is the best post I've read today. Being healthy is so much more important than being an idealistic weight or shape xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your comment made my day :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! How you feel is the most important thing :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look flipping amazing!! I was too skinny until I was about 22. I actually don't think I'd developed properly, probably for the same reasons. I have boobs now, which is fabulous!!

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovey! :) Haha boobs are fabulous. xx

      Delete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger