moody weather

Wednesday, July 31




With all the glorious weather and high humidity in the air it was only a matter of time before the storm clouds rolled in to wash everything away and start over. I love storms. Listening to those first grumbles, watching the sky get darker and the clouds angrier, the smell in the air and on the ground when it's all over and done. I find them fascinating, intoxicating and oddly comforting. 

I took these photos from my skylight on the third floor. Up here in the top of the house the crashes are louder, you feel like the storm is surrounding you and that you're so deep inside it you could reach out and touch it. Grizzle hides under the bed or retreats to lower ground but i hang from the window and take in every movement, every noise it makes and watch as the mood of the sky changes in seconds. 

Mother nature is such a wonderful being..

10 note(s)..:

  1. There was a crack a lighting yesterday, s**t me right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos! thanks for sharing!\\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I didn't get many storms, I'm so upset because I love to stay in and curl up to listen to them xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, everything is so much clearer and fresher after a storm :) xx

      Delete
  4. I am SO with you on this! Absolutely love a good storm, they're the best! Such gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. There so magical aren't they. xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous!! I love this weather too. I much prefer it to the sunshine, which is so macabre isn't it. Saying that, I only enjoy this weather if I can watch it from inside with a cup of tea. I love that Grizzles hid under the bed, big softie!! ;)!
    I love your description - the smell of rain when it's fallen on hot concrete is one of my favourites.
    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sitting under the band stand and watching the storm around me, with a good cuppa of course! ;) Grizzle is a big softie, I've never known a dog to be scared of the dark but he is haha xx

      Delete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger