monday musings: the tuesday after

Tuesday, May 28


• I'm in such a habit of only posting once i have done with the weekend that more of these Monday posts are indeed on a Tuesday, does anyone mind? No i didn't think so either. 

• My friend turned 21 on Friday and i shamefully got very drunk that i don't remember a lot of the night. I've actually decided that i hate getting drunk because the next day when i know i have missed stuff i just feel stupid. From now on i'm taking a vow to not get drunk. Don't confuse this with not drinking, i'll still do that. 

• If you've been reading for a while you'll know that the past month or so i've not been in the best place. I seem to have one thing in my life after another that is determined to destroy me and everything i love. Trying to stay positive while working my way through this mine field is one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. So on Monday i woke up, happy that i wasn't at work and the sun was shining and made me and the boy some breakfast. I'm forcing myself to do things that make me happy even when i feel like crawling in a ball and hiding away. Since i did this, i was actually quite happy Monday. Hence why this is going to be the last time i mention anything on it here. This is a happy place and it's going to stay that way.

• The rest of the weekend was spent going for walks in the sunshine, picking wild flowers, drinking pimms, eating in the garden and helping the boy revise. He's nearly done with his uni journey and i'm looking forward to the next part of our adventure. 

2 note(s)..:

  1. I hate getting drunk- I hate the feeling the next day, and not being able to remember things frightens me! So sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time- I know how that feels- but I think you're definitely doing the right thing in making the effort to be positive. Here's to the next part of your adventure, which I'm sure will be filled with happiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It really frightens me when i realise i don't remember where i was at all these events through the night. That was my last night of drunkenness!
      I figure if i force myself to think of happy things the bad things will fall away. It might not be healthy but quite frankly i would take anything to pull me out this hole right now. xx

      Delete

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger