Hair Care 101

Wednesday, February 20


I've got to be the worse person when it comes to hair, like ever!
I wash my hair once a week, maybe twice if it's lucky. 
Yes i know, chop off my hair and ask me how i was ever a hairdresser. 
The truth is though, you shouldn't wash your hair more than absolutely necessary, because you end up washing away all of the natural oils that help your hair. 
Now while i will pretend that this is the real reason for my laziness and not that i actually can't be bothered with it most the time and that when i do wash it i end up with flat hair for three days, i will tell you about the products i have been using the past few months. 

First off, i will admit that there is nothing better than giving your hair a good scrub with some lovely foaminess of delicious scent. That's were John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Shampoo comes in. Why did i buy this? Because after years of dying my hair bleach blonde and having no shine what.so.ever i longed for the silky, shininess of brunette hair and have forever been on the quest to transform my locks. 3 years later and i have finally found a shampoo that gives me a head start in the shine Olympics. It's also worth noting that even if this did nothing it was meant to i would still buy it. Just to sniff. As you do. 


After i've shampooed my hair twice (that's the hairdresser in me for you) i pull out my next secret weapon. Aussie Miracle Shine 3 Minute Miracle. Aussie have been my high street friends for years, we have a relationship spanning through the ranges but never have i found something i love more than this little bottle of sunshine. Okay, let's face it, it claims to give you the earth in shiny, sun reflecting hair but with anything you buy, let's get real for a minute. You're hair wont be so shiny that you're friends will need sunglasses BUT it does make it noticeably shinier, softer and all round better than it did before. You could leave this on for 3 minutes like it tells you too or, like me, you could wrap it in clingfilm, put on a shower cap and lay in the bath for an hour watching My Mad Fat Dairy on some form of ipad. The latter is much more fun!

I've been growing my hair since i was 14. It's only when i went darker that my hair stopped snapping and actually started to get somewhere, which made me over compensate on the good stuff. I always put conditioner on after my treatment and rinse it again in cold water. I'm using my shampoo's other half, which like any good relationship, work perfectly together and always leave people with a smile on their faces. Speaking of over compensating. Despite using far more than is needed because the smell is like a drug, i still have my trusty little Milk Shake Conditioning Whipped Cream which i have already expressed my love for here.

An old favourite of mine is this pure Argan Oil which i brought from the salon i used to work in. 3 Years ago. It's lasted me 3 years. The writing has worn away and i've lost the lid but this little bottle just keeps on chugging along on it's daily task to make my hair a little better. 
I would give you the link but i can't seem to find it so check your local salons for something similar.


The newest addition to my collection is this little bottle of Frizz ease hair serum. I run this through the ends when my hair is still wet and onto my extensions before i use them. It does a good job at smoothing the edges and making any split ends look a little more tamed.
While i'm talking about split ends here's a bit of advice that nobody ever tells you. 
Did you know that you physically can't fix split ends, you can temporarily mask them, smooth them down and hide them a little but no product what.so.ever will get rid of them. The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. 

0 note(s)..:

Post a Comment

Comments..

Made in Hunters All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger